vrijdag 18 maart 2011

My first Arduino project - part 6

Using NewSoftSerial

Until now, each time I had to upload the latest sofware to the Arduino I had to disconnect the RFID reader as it used the RX pin.  Using NewSoftSerial library I can emulate RX and TX on other pins.  So I use digital pin 8 & 9 to do this. Pin 9 is not really used as no data is send to the RFID reader, but the NewSoftSerial constructor only seems to take both RX and TX.

This change is also needed as I am going to try and interface the arduino with my laptop using USB.

You can download this latest version from my github repository:
git://github.com/NAVNi-stuff/arduino-rfid-datalog.git


Stats
compiler
Binary sketch size: 20692 bytes (of a 30720 byte maximum)

pins
Currently I'm using digital pins 2, 7, 8, (9), 10, 11, 12, 13; analog pins 4 and 5 and the 5V pin.
So 6 digital pins left and a few analog pins

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten