I went on a search for an appropriate case and ended up buying a mobile tool box from Keter in a local DIY store.
It jus barely fits my telescope. But as it is lacking some padding I purchased some hard insulation, pipe insulation and sound insulation. After going to work with some scissors, box cutters and spay glue I ended up with an already pretty decent housing for my freshly bought telescope.
|Empty tool box with tool insert removed|
|After gluing on some padding on the sides and adding the insulation|
|The end result with some sound insulation for further padding and a more 'classy' look|